Friday, March 30, 2012

Rock Chalk! Jayhawk!

UPDATED POST:

I created these KU Jayhawk cookies for my daughter's school auction.  I was planning on donating Easter cookies, but when the Jayhawks won their division and moved on to the Final Four, these cookies seemed like an obvious choice.  Plus, I knew that we have some HUGE Jayhawk fans at the school, so I had a feeling that they would be a big hit!



I had gotten the Jayhawk cookie cutter for Christmas, but hadn't had a really good opportunity to use it, until now! It was pretty complicated, but very fun!  I took artistic licence with two tiny details, but other than that  they are pretty true to form.


I had fun making a bracket with KU as the National Champion, only time will tell if it was a good prediction!


For the jersey's I did a ton of research.  I found out that in the semi-final game, KU would be the "home" team and wear white (which I was thankful for because the more color a cookie has in it the more likely it might taste a little funky).  Also, I thought the white would contrast with the colorful Jayhawks better in the box.  I picked the numbers, 0, 10, 5, 25, and 2, by looking at the roster and picking the three seniors, the one center, and the one junior who is from my hometown.  


Well, it was a HUGE success! Several families were bidding for the cookies, and in the end, they raised almost $100 for the school!

Rock Chalk!
Sarah

1 comment: